Rickard Wallin We Hardly Knew Ye'

Due to the lack of Rickard Wallin highlights, please enjoy this photo of a classic 80's Robot

Ahh, Rickard Wallin, I don't know what to say. Your 10 minutes a night, your half season of invisibility, the fact that you didn't score until March, all of this makes me want to say FUCK YOU! GOOD RIDDANCE! However, that is not the full story. You've been a good locker room leader, you were crucial in Jonas Gustavsson signing in Toronto, and after Fredrick Sjostrom arrived, you finally fell into your role as a penalty killer. I wouldn't have minded you coming back again next season, but if it was more than 700k I would have flown you to Stockholm myself. You join the ranks of the many Leaf departures I have been indifferent over, but I assure you, I thought more of you than I did Garry Valk. So Long Rickards Red, A Fond Farewell to Captain Rickard, Best of luck to you back in Sweden, and feel free to take Jeff Finger with you as a souvenir.

2 comments:

Curt S said...

That robot looks like it could fill the role of fourth line center. I wonder how he and Gustavsson will get along though...

Anonymous said...

expensive babysitter at 700 large